Dead Squirrel

February 26, 2009

Sometimes, I enjoy watching squirrels.  They are amazing little acrobats with incredible balance.  Last year, however, I was having a real problem with squirrels gnawing on the house and damaging my car.  Pesky rodents can be a serious problem, one not to be ignored.  Squirrels have even started fires by chewing on electrical wires.

I bought a tube trap that has been very effective.  After two squirrels were killed, I have had no further problems with squirrel damage.  Knock on wood.

Squirrel in Tube Trap

Tags: , , , , ,

7 Responses to Dead Squirrel

1. Andrew
    March 15, 2010 at 3:50 pm

You’re sick, cruel person. Tube traps are very cruel, and squirrels are my favorite animals. I don’t care how much of a nuisance you think they are, humans are far worse.

2. March 16, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Well, I don’t get any pleasure from using kill traps. If it makes you feel any better, the trap is not currently deployed.

3. bill
    May 30, 2010 at 8:11 pm

You know your right? there not satisfying. I’d rather just shoot the little buggers. maybe you should make a trap that will catch tree huger

4. A Juggalo
    September 6, 2010 at 9:45 pm

so let us all get this straight … we build our houses and park our cars where wildlife has bean forced to deal with us … and so rather than making stuff “wildlife proof ” you decide jest to kill what bothers your way of life ??? and a tree huger i am not i am a carpenter my trade makes 1,000.000,000s of trees to be downed every year.my point is simple… we live in there world we are guest here.relocate rather than kill you would want the same if it was the other way around … or build your house out of something other than what animals use to build there houses out of first try Hardy-plank look it up… and that tube trap is a very honorable way to die and the have been outlawed for about 10 years

5. admin
    September 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Some people catch and release spiders and bugs in their home and use non-lethal traps for rodents, etc… and that’s perfectly fine if that’s what they choose to do, but that’s not what I choose to do.

I believe tube traps are legal where I live, but I haven’t needed to use mine for some time now.

6. Juggalo = Idiot
    February 27, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Juggalo, if the wildlife was here before us, then these stupid squirrels shouldn’t need to chew on our houses, should they? They should just be content with what they have in nature.

These idiots who constantly put the welfare of pests and vermin above that of humans drive me nuts. Bacteria and viruses were here before us, so why don’t you fools stop getting immunizations and stop taking medicines? Hey, the sun and moon were here before we were… so, stop living in your house altogether. Stop wearing clothes (made from plants and/or animals, very possibly!), stop eating food.

Get real, you treehuggers.

7. Juggalo = Idiot, part 2
    February 27, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Furthermore, relocation? So you have a pest animal chewing your house… Instead of dispatching it, let’s move it to somewhere else, where it can chew on OTHER peoples’ houses. Yes, that’s nice. Let’s neglect the welfare of fellow humans at the expense of problem vermin.

God, I just want to choke you.